Confidential data exist in all kinds of businesses and since cyber-attacks become more common every day, leaving this information exposed can be a serious threat to organizations’ stability. ISO 27001:2013 standard sets the grounds for the security of such information and is thus highly beneficial for the protection of an organization.
Reduce your business security risks and gain trust by demonstrating to partners your commitment to information security with our ISO 27001 ISMS Awareness course.
This online course, was designed by LiberoAssurance to assist participants understand how ISMS can be implemented to their organization and the benefits of maintaining a system in line with ISO 27001.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 27001:2013
- Manage information security
- Take steps to ensure that information security is at the heart of your organization
- Manage information security risks and hazards effectively
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Build stakeholder confidence through the most recognised hygiene practise
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Have achieved the means to assess and improve your own ISMS organization Systems.
- Describe the purpose of a ISMS
- Interpret the ISO 27001 requirements to the needs of your organization
- Identify and assess ISMS risks
- Grasp the concepts of SWOT & PEST Analyses
Who should attend?
- Information security, finance, customer care/support, R&D and IT personnel
- ISMS appointed consultants
- Those who wish to understand ISO 27001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
- Management Systems
- ISO 27001:2013 Structure
- Clauses 0 - 3
Context of organisation
- SWOT Analysis
- PEST Analysis
Leadership & Planning
- Planning (Risk Assessment & Treatment)
- Planning (Setting objectives)
Support & Operation
- Support (Competence and Awareness)
- Support (Documented Information)
- Support (Mandatory & Recommended Documentation)
Performance evaluation & Improvement
- Performance evaluation (Internal audit)
- Performance evaluation (Management Review)
- ISO 27001 Project Plan
Exam & Certification
- Exam for Part A ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
- ISO 27001:2013 ISMS Awareness Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of slides: 42
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 6
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 6
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.2
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.