The protection of information assets is vital for all organizations regardless of their size and location. Information Security Management System (ISMS) internal audit programmes, will help your company reduce business security risks, improve monitoring procedures, demonstrate reliability to third parties and ultimately gain a competitive advantage.
Enrol in our Internal Auditor ISO 27001 training course and acquire the ability to audit, review and advance your company’s Information Security Management System.
This ISO 27001 online course covers all the relevant information required to understand ISO 27001:2013 ISMS, its benefits, implementation and how to conduct internal ISMS audits effectively.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 27001:2013
- Manage information security and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that information security is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 27001:2013 audit
- Interpret ISO 27001:2013 requirements for internal audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up internal auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest internal auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence through the most recognised hygiene practice
- Manage information security risks and hazards effectively
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 27001:2013 and its structure
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Identify opportunities to improve the ISMS of your company
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit in accordance with ISO 27001
- Enhance skills to conduct effective internal audits in any auditing situation
- Understand the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 27001
- Establish and plan the activities of an internal audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
Who should attend?
- Information Security personnel
- ISMS appointed auditors/consultants
- Those who wish to understand ISO 27001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
- Anyone interest in ISMS requirements and audit procedures
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
- Management Systems
- ISO 27001:2013 Structure
- Clauses 0 - 3
Context of organisation
- SWOT Analysis
- PEST Analysis
Leadership & Planning
- Planning (Risk Assessment & Treatment)
- Planning (Setting objectives)
Support & Operation
- Support (Competence and Awareness)
- Support (Documented Information)
- Support (Mandatory & Recommended Documentation)
Performance evaluation & Improvement
- Performance evaluation (Internal audit)
- Performance evaluation (Management Review)
- ISO 27001 Project Plan
Part B Contents: ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor
- What is an Audit?
- Why Audit?
- Tips to trained internal auditor
Environmental Management System Audit
- Types of Audits
- Principles of auditing
- Scheduled and unscheduled Audits
- What to Audit – Technical Audit
- Steps involved in internal audit
- Scope of audit
- Frequency of audit
- Internal Audit process
Auditing tips and techniques
- The Auditors Six Friends
- Question Technique
- Questioning Technique
- Types of Questions in interviews
- Competence of the person managing the audit programme
- Auditor’s Quality
- The Auditors conduct
- Auditor’s Code Conduct
- Auditor Characteristics
- Auditor's personal behavior
- Selecting the audit team members
- Auditee’s conduct
Exam & Certification
- Exam for Part A ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
- Exam for Part B ISO 27001:2013 Internal auditor
- ISO 27001:2013 Awareness & Internal Auditor Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 9
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 27001:2013 Awareness
Exam for ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.