In a continuously changing environment, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) standard helps your organization to improve its environmental performance and achieve sustainability.
Use the principles in our Internal Auditor ISO 14001 course and learn to control and improve your company’s EMS.
This LiberoAssurance course focuses on the main requirements and practices of EMS internal audits. During the course participants will become able to build their knowledge around ISO 14001:2015 EMS and the learn the most efficient methodologies of internal EnMS audits.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 14001:2015
- Understand environmental management and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that quality is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs better
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 internal audit
- Interpret ISO 14001:2015 requirements for internal audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest internal auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14001:2015 and its structure
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Conduct effective internal audits in any auditing situation
- Identify easier opportunities to improve the EMS of your company
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit in accordance with ISO 114001
- Understand the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 114001
- Establish and plan the activities of an internal audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Prepare and complete an internal audit report
Who should attend?
- Personnel involved in environmental management
- Management representatives
- Appointed auditors
- EMS consultants
- Those who wish to understand ISO 14001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Anyone interest in environmental management systems
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 14001:2015 Awareness
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
Context of organisation
- Understanding the organisation and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Determining the scope of the environmental management system
- Environmental management system
- Leadership and commitment
- Environmental Policy
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Actions to address risks and opportunities
- Environmental objectives and planning to achieve them
- Documented information
- Operational and planning control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual Improvement
Part B Contents: ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor
- What is an Audit?
- Why Audit?
- Tips to trained internal auditor
Environmental Management System Audit
- Types of Audits
- Principles of auditing
- Scheduled and unscheduled Audits
- What to Audit – Technical Audit
- Steps involved in internal audit
- Scope of audit
- Frequency of audit
- Internal Audit process
Auditing tips and techniques
- The Auditors Six Friends
- Question Technique
- Questioning Technique
- Types of Questions in interviews
- Competence of the person managing the audit programme
- Auditor’s Quality
- The Auditors conduct
- Auditor’s Code Conduct
- Auditor Characteristics
- Auditor's personal behavior
- Selecting the audit team members
- Auditee’s conduct
Exam & Certification
- Exam for Part A: ISO 14001:2015 Awareness
- Exam for Part B: ISO 14001:2015 Internal auditor
- ISO 14001:2015 Awareness & Internal Auditor Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 14
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 14001:2015 Awareness
Exam for ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.