A large majority of cyber security incidents experienced by organisations are caused either accidently or deliberately by their own people. This course was designed to familiarise participants with the principles and key concepts of Cyber Security, its threats and the methods on how to prepare effective prevention measures for their business.
Whether you are working as an individual or in a company, cyber-attacks can put your business at risk.
Keep your company's data and devices safe and learn the key Cyber Security principles, with our Cyber Security Awareness Course.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide the key definitions and aspects related to Cyber Security and the important factors for the prevention of Cyber Attacks
- Give an overview on the general procedure and various methods used by criminals to bypass your security measures.
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Address Cyber Security threats
- Prepare company's personnel for Cyber Security risks.
- Demonstrate understanding on the importance of Cyber Security risk management in your company.
Who should attend?
- Any employee who uses the internet within any size and type of a company
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Introduction to Cyber Security
- What is Cyberspace and Cyber Security?
- Threats & isks to your business
- Cybersecurity myths & Reality
- Social Engineering
- Types of Phishing
- Who is being phished?
- How to Identify a Phishing Email
- Types of Malware
- Malware Symptoms
- Common Password Attacks
- Phishing Prevention
- How to Prevent Malware From Infecting Your Computer
- Use Strong Passwords
- Tips for a good password
- Keep your business safe from cyber threats
- What to include in your cyber security policies
- What is CIA Triad
Types Of Hackers
- Script Kiddie
- White Hat
- Black Hat
- Gray Hat
- Green Hat
- "Restart Your Membership"
- "You Missed A Delivery"
- "Confirm Your Account"
- "Your Account Has Been Locked"
- "Suspended Account"
- "Sent From Recipient's Bank"
- "Sent From Recipient's CEO"
Real Examples of Ransomware Attacks
Mobile Security Threats
- "Data Leakage"
- "Unsecured Wi-Fi"
- "Network Spoofing"
- "Ad and click fraud"
- "Tap and Pay"
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Cyber Security Awareness
- “Cyber Security Awareness” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 115
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 14
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 14
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.5
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Cyber Security Awareness
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.