Tanker Management System Assessment 3 (TMSA 3) introduced in April 2017 by the Oil Major Companies (OCIMF) brought along a new culture in the industry and all Companies management systems are more or less in compliance with the most advanced industry standards.
LiberoAssurance Training Centre has created this course to provide the knowledge and skills required for crew, officers and ashore personnel involved in TMSA 3 and SIRE/VIQ. The seminar follows the core structure of TMSA 3 chapters and subsections, additional explanatory sections and notes are included.
Gain the knowledge to improve the effectiveness of a Tanker Management System and learn all tools of TMSA 3 and SIRE/VIQ to improve the vessels operation with our TMSA 3 Basics e-course.
Aims & Objectives
- Cover TMSA 3 aims and benefits and key requirements for implementation purposes
- Provide knowledge in managing TMSA 3 processes in line with the latest requirements
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Interpret TMSA 3 requirements for implementation purposes
- Monitor and improve your system according to TMSA 3 requirements
- Identify the purpose and benefits of TMSA 3 system
Who should attend?
- Crew, Officers and shore-based personnel involved in TMSA 3 – SIRE/VIQ activities
- Delegates who wish to implement TMSA 3
- Management Representatives
- Quality managers of shipping companies
- Fleet managers
- Designated Persons Ashore (DPAs) / HSSE responsible and assistant of same
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: Basic knowledge of ISM & ISPS code, MLC & STCW conventions
Relative Conventions, Codes and Standards: SOLAS mainly ISM-ISPS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, Relevant codes, Basics for ISO 9001/ 14001/ 45001/ 27001/ 50001
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
- TMSA History
- TMSA 3 Background
- Scope of TMSA 3
- Who should apply TMSA
- TMSA 3 Elements Summary of Changes
- TMSA 3 Main Requirements
Monitor and Improve your system
- Continuous Improvement
- Measure your SMS
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- TMSA 3 Elements
- Element 1 and 1A – Leadership and SMS
- Element 2 – Recruitment and Management of Shore-Based Personnel
- Element 3 and 3A – Recruitment Management and Wellbeing of Vessel Personnel
- Element 4 – Vessel Reliability and Maintenance including Critical Equipment
- Element 5 – Navigational Safety
- Element 6 and 6A – Cargo, Ballast, Tank Cleaning, Bunkering, Mooring and Anchoring Operations
- Element 7 – Management of Change
- Element 8 – Incident Reporting, Investigation and Analysis
- Element 9 and 9A – Safety Management
- Element 10 - Environmental and Energy Management
- Element 11 - Emergency Preparedness and Contingency Planning
- Element 12 and 12A - Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Element 13 - Maritime Security
- Is TMSA really new requirement?
TMSA 3 Consequences
- TMSA 3 FAQs
- TMSA 3 – SIRE –VIQ
- General for SIRE
- SIRE and VIQ
- What VIQ covers
- VIQ and Flag
- VIQ and PSC
- TMSA3 and Flag
- TMSA3 and PSC
Exam & Certification
- Exam on TMSA 3 Basics
- “TMSA 3 Basics"” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 99
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 12
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 12
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.4
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on TMSA 3 Basics
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.