The course, specially designed by LiberoAssurance, delivers the key material regarding Port State Control inspections, detainable deficiencies under conventions, inspection procedures and aims to equip participants with useful guidance on detention preventive measures during inspections.
Through our PSC & MoU CIC course you can learn to use effective tools to avoid detentions and ensure your vessels are well-prepared.
An important course feature is the provision of the latest CIC checklists as well as an extended checklist proposed by LiberoGroup.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide understanding on how a Port State Control operates
- Assist participants avoid detentions with the inclusion of the Concentrated Inspection Campaigns organized by Paris & Tokyo MoUs, case studies and extensive checklists.
Having successfully completed this course you will:
- Grasp the legal and PSC background and define the vessel’s obligations under inspections
- Understand the relation between PSC and administrations,
- Learn what type of Deficiencies & Detainable items exist under each convention
Who should attend?
- Operation Managers
- Technical Managers
- DPAs or other shore based personnel involved into Port State Control issues
- Practically all Officers on board a vessel
Relative conventions: Solas, Marpol, STCW, MLC and ISM, ISPS Codes
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: Basic Knowledge of Solas, Marpol, STCW, MLC
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of slides: 242
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 29
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 29
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 1
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Port State Control & MoUs Concentrated Inspection Campaigns (CIC)
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Those participants who choose not to submit the assessment will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.