The course Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), designed by LiberoAssurance Training Team, aims to provide a good understanding of Personal Protective Equipment that will help the user against health and safety risks at work. This course will provide you also with an overall understanding of protective methods, equipment and practices including EU and ISO relative standards.
Aims & Objectives
- Familiarization with the principles of PPE
- Guidance provision on how to work safely in a marine industrial environment
- Recognition of various types of PPE and how to use them
- Familiarization with the basic ISO standards but also with EU and USA regulatory requirements
By the end of this course participants will able to:
- Know which equipment is useful for each work
- Reduce the number and severity of injuries throughout the working facility
Who should attend?
- Workers in marine industry
- Marine Authorities
- Health and safety experts
- Ship Management Companies personnel like:
- Crew Managers,
- Operation Managers,
- Designated Persons,
- Crew Department assistants including crew (officers and seafarers),
- Training responsible personnel and officers,
- Personnel involved in matters of recruitment of qualified and competent personnel
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: Efthimios Liberopoulos, master trainer of LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 (accredited by EOPPEP)
Purpose of PPE
- Hierarchy of controls Diagram
- Engineering controls
- Administrative controls/work practice controls
- Control means
- General Requirements
- Working Environment
- Program Maintenance
- Classes and types of hard hats
- ANSI Classes of Hard Hats
- Eye and face protection
- Respiratory protection
- Foot protection
- Hand protection – General
- Hearing protection & Occupational Noise Exposure
- Work clothing -Fire Resistant/Retardant clothing (FRC)
- Work clothing FRC Compliance Guidance
- What is Lifejackets?
- How Many Lifejackets?
- Lifejackets Categories
- Lifejackets & SOLAS
- Lifejackets - SOLAS & LSA code
- Lifejackets & SAR operations
- PPE - Other Personal Floating Devices
- Lifejackets for Fire Fighting Brigade
- Lifejackets parts
Protective Suits General Requirements
- Immersion Suits – How to wear
- Immersion Suits – Service
- Immersion Suits & ISO Standards
- Anti-Exposure/Immersion Suits
- Thermal protective Aids (TPA)
- Other Survival Suits
- Survival Limits
Fire fighter’s Outfit
- Fire fighter’s - Breathing Apparatus
- Fire fighter’s - Ropes & Lifeline
- Fire fighter’s – Solas Requirements
- Fire fighter’s Outfits – How Many on Board?
- Fire Drill on Board a Cargo Vessel
Emergency Escape Breathing Devices (EEBD)
- How many on Board?
Other Relative to PPE
- Wireless Sensor Network Devices
- Personal Locator Beacon (PLB)
- Proposals & Symbols
- Guide to application Directive 89/686/EEC (24/08/2017)
- Guide to ISO Standards relative to PPE
Abandon Ship Drill and use of some Personal Protective Equipment
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment Training Certificate
- Seminar presentation
- No. of slides: 210
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 25 (self-paced)
- Enrollment period: 3 months
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment Duration: 90 days (starting from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 25
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.8
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.