Due to the increasing use of systems with embedded software on vessels, cyber security is now crucial not only for data protection, but also for the ship & company’s operations.
LiberoAssurance Training Centre has designed this Maritime Cyber Security Awareness e-course to familiarise participants with the principles and key concepts of Maritime Cyber Security.
Train your crew and personnel on the importance of Cyber Security risks and the methods on how to prepare effective measures on board and ashore with our Maritime Cyber Security Awareness e-Course.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide the key definitions and aspects related to Cyber Security and specify the important factors for the prevention of Cyber Attacks in maritime industry.
- Give an overview on the general procedure and various methods used by criminals to bypass your security measures.
- Provide an overview on general procedures and various methods used to conduct Cyber Risk Marine Assessment and Cyber Risk Analysis.
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Address Cyber Security threats
- Prepare company's personnel for Cyber Security risks.
- Demonstrate understanding on the importance of Cyber Security risk management in a shipping company.
- Create an effective marine Cyber risk assessment and plan and follow risk assessment & analysis procedures.
Who should attend?
- Every employee who uses programs, devices, and network services within any size and type of a shipping company, port or port facility
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A: Cyber Security Awareness
Introduction to Cyber Security
- What is Cyberspace and Cyber Security?
- Threats & isks to your business
- Cybersecurity myths & Reality
- Social Engineering
- Types of Phishing
- Who is being phished?
- How to Identify a Phishing Email
- Types of Malware
- Malware Symptoms
- Common Password Attacks
- Phishing Prevention
- How to Prevent Malware From Infecting Your Computer
- Use Strong Passwords
- Tips for a good password
- Keep your business safe from cyber threats
- What to include in your cyber security policies
- What is CIA Triad
Types Of Hackers
- Script Kiddie
- White Hat
- Black Hat
- Gray Hat
- Green Hat
- "Restart Your Membership"
- "You Missed A Delivery"
- "Confirm Your Account"
- "Your Account Has Been Locked"
- "Suspended Account"
- "Sent From Recipient's Bank"
- "Sent From Recipient's CEO"
Real Examples of Ransomware Attacks
Mobile Security Threats
- "Data Leakage"
- "Unsecured Wi-Fi"
- "Network Spoofing"
- "Ad and click fraud"
- "Tap and Pay"
Part B: Maritime Cyber Security
Introduction to Maritime Cyber Security
- What is Maritime Cyber Security?
- IT and OT systems
- IMO related Resolutions, Circulars and Guidelines
- Industry Guidance on Maritime Cyber Security
Cyber Security Risks
- ISM/ISPS – Identified Risks
- Company risk assessment procedure
- Third party risk assessments
- Risks related to Ship-Port interface
- Recent cyber security regulations
- Assessment of Identified Cyber Risks
- Identify threats
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Risk Calculation
- Risk Mitigation (corrective/preventive measures)
Cyber Security Plan
- Incident Management?
- Emergency Preparation
- Steps for cyber security plan preparation
- Check your Cyber Security Status
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Maritime Cyber Security
- “Maritime Cyber Security” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 115 (Part A) + 73 (Part B)
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 23
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 23
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.8
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Maritime Cyber Security
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.