Due to the increasing use of systems with embedded software on vessels, cyber security is now crucial not only for data protection, but also for the ship & company’s operations.
Train your crew and personnel on the importance of Cyber Security risks and the methods on how to prepare effective measures on board and ashore with our "Maritime Cyber Security Advanced" e-Course.
LiberoAssurance Training Centre has designed this “Maritime Cyber Security Advanced” e-course to familiarise participants with the principles and key concepts of Maritime Cyber Security.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide the key definitions and aspects related to Cyber Security and specify the important factors for the prevention of Cyber Attacks in maritime industry (Shipping Companies and Ports)
- Give an overview on the general procedure and various methods used by criminals to bypass your security measures.
- Provide an overview on general procedures and various proposed methods.
- Support for Conducting Cyber Risk Marine Assessment and Cyber Risk Analysis.
- Provide Case studies for Ports & Vessels affected by Cyber Security attacks
- Provide Guidance for proper implementation of Cyber Security measures and procedures in Shipping Companies and Ports
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Address Cyber Security threats
- Prepare company’s or organization’s personnel for Cyber Security risks
- Demonstrate understanding on the importance of Cyber Security risk management in a shipping company and Port.
- Create an effective marine Cyber risk assessment and plan and follow risk assessment & analysis procedures.
- Implement Cyber Security Control Measures including checking your Its candidates
- Apply Initial Actions needed
Who should attend?
Employees who use software, emails, devices, and network services within any size and type of a shipping company, port or port facility
Prerequisite skills & knowledge:
Basic knowledge of ISO standards, ISM management systems and auditing process
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 - Accredited by Greek Ministry of Education & Religious Affairs Accreditation No. 2101338
Maritime Cyber Security Advanced
Introduction to Maritime Cyber Security
- What is Maritime Cyber Security?
- IT and OT systems
- IMO related Resolutions, Circulars and Guidelines
- ndustry Guidance on Maritime Cyber Security
Cyber Security Risks
- ISM/ISPS – Identified Risks
- Company risk assessment procedure
- Third party risk assessments
- Risks related to Ship-Port interface
- Recent cyber security regulations
- Assessment of Identified Cyber Risks
- Identify threats
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Risk Calculation
- Risk Mitigation (corrective/preventive measures)
Cyber Security Plan
- Incident Management
- Emergency Preparation
- Steps for cyber security plan preparation
- Check your Cyber Security Status
- Questions & Answers
- Check your IT applicant
- Proposed Procedural & Controls
- Immediate Actions
- Vessel Cyber Attack
- How a shipping Company named “Shco” defeated a cyber attack
- US facing Vessel Cyber Attacks
- Port Facility Cyber Attack
- COSCO Shipping Lines Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
- Maersk Hit by Cyber Attack
- San Diego Hit by Cyber Attack
- Austal Falls Victim to Cyber Attack
Information Security Additional Controls
Introduction to additional controls
- About ISO 27001:2013 - Annex A
- Scope of ISO 27701:2019
- >Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
ISO 27701:2019 Annexes
- ISO 27701 Annex Summary
- Annex A: PIMS-specific reference control objectives and controls (PII Contollers)
- Annex B: PIIMS-specific reference control objectives and controls (PII Processors)
- Annex C: Mapping to ISO/IEC 29100
- Annex D: Mapping to the General Data Protection Regulation
- Annex E: Mapping to ISO/IEC 27018 and ISO/IEC 29151
- Annex F: How to apply ISO/IEC 27701 to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002
Practical Risk Proposal
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Maritime Cyber Security Advanced
- Maritime Cyber Security Advanced e-Certificate
Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
No. of slides: 243
Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
Private study hours: 29
Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
CPD Points: 29
ECTS/ECVET Points: 1.0
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Maritime Cyber Security Advanced
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.