This course objective is to develop the knowledge and skills required to conduct a full audit of an organization's Management System in the capacity of Internal Auditor dedicated for the ISPS, MLC and ISM Code. It will also give the confidence to effectively audit a Management system in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
Become a certified ISPS - MLC - ISM Internal auditor and demonstrate your commitment towards continual improvement through our ISPS - MLC - ISM Internal Auditor course.
Aims & Objectives
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISM audit
- Interpret ISPS - MLC - ISM requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
A trainee successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISPS - MLC - ISM audit
- Identify the purpose and benefits of a management system
- Explain the role and the responsibilities of the Internal Auditor
- Expand the audit principles in relation to ISPS - MLC - ISM code and the verification for certification.
Who should attend?
- People involved in the internal audit process having already experience in the field at least 4 years
- People who wish to become competent ISPS - MLC - ISM Internal Auditors
- Management Representatives
- Quality managers
- Designated Persons Ashore (DPAs), CSOs, MLC auditors and assistant of same
- ISO 19011:2011 - Guidelines for auditing management systems
- ISPS / ISM code and MLC 2006
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: Basic Knowledge of ISO standards, ISPS, MLC and ISM requirements and management systems and auditing process
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 (accredited by EOPPEP)
Part A: ISPS Code Audit, Certification & Verification (1)
- The definitions used in SOLAS XI-2 & ISPS Code Part A & B
- ISPS Code's Functional Requirements
- ISPS Code, Part A Requirements – Basics
- Responsibility of Contracting Governments - Sec.4
- Declaration of Security (DOS) - Sec.5
- Company Obligations - Sec.6
- Ship Security Levels - Sec.7
- Ship Security Assessment (SSA) - Sec.8
- Ship Security Plan (SSP) - Sec.9
- Ship Security Plan (SSP) – Protective Measures
- PSC – Clear Grounds Section 9.8.1
- Records - Sec.10
- Verification and Certification for Ships - Sec.19
ISPS Code, Part B Requirements
- Setting the security level (Para. 1.8)
- Control and compliance measures (Para 4.33)
- Obligations of the Company (Para 6)
- On-scene Security Survey (Para 8.14)
- Organization & performance of ship security duties (Para 9.8)
- SSP examples for “Access Control” (Para 9.9)
- ISPS Code, Part Requirements
- Activities not covered by the Code (Para 9.51)
- Drills and exercises (Para 13.5~13.8)
Guide to Maritime Security & the ISPS Code 2012 edition – Useful tables
- Comments on the requirements
- IMO Guidance material on Maritime Security Measures, 1986-2011
- Useful Tables / Table a
- Useful Tables / Table b
- Useful Tables / Table c
- Useful Tables / Table d
- Useful Tables / Table e
- Useful Tables / Table f
- Useful Tables / Table g
- Basic points of On-scene security survey
- Identification of vulnerability
- Vessel Security
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of slides: 395
- Reading lists and resources available in the presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 48
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment Duration: 90 days (starting from the date of purchase)
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on ISPS - MLC - ISM Internal Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.