The 2018 version of 50001 is now published. LiberoAssurance Training Team has designed ISO 50001:2018 Awareness Course according to the latest version of the standard. ISO 50001 is considered the best method in order to achieve energy efficiency for your organization. Similarly to most ISO standards, this framework is based on the PDCA Cycle, which is also known as continual process improvement.
Discover the tools to implement and improve your Energy Management System and achieve higher energy efficiencywith our ISO 50001:2018 EnMS Awareness training course.
This course covers and analyses the basic requirements of EnMS and helps participants to implement EnMS in line with ISO 50001:2018 and the needs of your organization.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 50001:2018
- Manage energy and improve your energy efficiency
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
- Manage Energy risks and hazards effectively
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 50001:2018 and its structure
- Interpret ISO 50001:2018 requirements to the needs of your organization
- Demonstrate understanding on the key differences between version 2011 and 2018
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Learn from EnMS case studies and compare them to operations of your organization
Who should attend?
- Energy managers/consultants
- Those who wish to understand ISO 50001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- Anyone interest in Energy management systems
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 (accredited by EOPPEP)
Part A Contents: ISO 50001 EnMS Requirements
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
Context of organisation
- Understanding the organisation and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Determining the scope of the energy management system
- Energy management system
- Leadership and commitment
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Actions to address risks and opportunities
- Objectives, energy targets and planning to achieve them
- Energy review
- Energy performance indicators
- Energy baseline
- Planning for collection of energy data
- Documented information
- Operational and planning control
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of energy performance and the EnMS
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual Improvement
Part B Contents: ISO 50001:2018 Analysis
Introduction to ISO 50001
- What is ISO 50001?
- Purpose of standard
- How does it work?
- What is in the standard?
Advantages of energy management systems
- Cost reduction
- Environmental protection
- Sustainable management
- Improvement of public image
- Use of financial incentives
- Projection of climate policies
The PDCA cycle
- Procedure of energy management process
- Example of Energy Management Process
ISO 50001:2011 versus ISO 50001:2018
- Main Changes between 2011 and 2018 editions
- Changes due to the adoption of HLS
- Changes related to energy management
- Other changes to be considered
- Clause-to-clause comparison table
Analysis of ISO 50001 requirements
- Elements of ISO 50001:2018
- Relationship between energy performance and the EnMS
- Terms & Definitions (§3)
- Context of the organization (§4)
- Leadership (§5)
- Planning (§6)
- Support (§7)
- Operation (§8)
- Performance evaluation (§9)
- Improvement (§10)
- Reducing energy consumption of an electronics factory’s lighting system
- Compressed Air Systems
- Saving energy at a food processing plant
Exam & Certification
- Exam for ISO 50001:2018 Awareness
- ISO 50001:2018 EnMS Awareness Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 275
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
- Glossary provided
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 32
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 32
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 1.1
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on ISO 50001:2018 Awareness & Analysis
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.