ISO 22000:2018 is the latest internationally recognised standard that specifies requirements for food safety management system and can be applied to all levels of the food chain to minimize food safety hazards. The implementation of ISO’s food safety management standards helps organizations to identify and control food-borne hazards, and contribute to the sustainability of food supply chain.
Ensure continual improvement and apply key food safety principles to the processes of your organization with our ISO 22000:2018 FSMS Awareness course.
This online course covers the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 Standard and it was designed for participants who wish to become competent in applying, monitoring, evaluating and improving their company’s FSMS.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 22000:2018
- Manage food safety and drive continual improvement
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Build stakeholder confidence through the most recognised hygiene practice
- Build commitment around food safety
- Manage food safety risks and hazards effectively
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Assess and improve your own FSMS organization Systems.
- Describe the purpose of a FSMS
- Interpret the ISO 22000 requirements.
- Identify and assess FSMS risks.
- Compare the new 2018 with the 2005 one
Who should attend?
- Food safety managers/consultants
- Those who wish to understand ISO 22000 and its application
- Chefs & Food handlers
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 22000:2018 FSMS
- Anyone interested in food safety management systems
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
1. Introduction to ISO 22000 and its key changes
- Introduction to ISO 22000
- ISO 22000:2018 vs ISO 22000:2005
- Changes in ISO 22000 structure
- Importance of Certification
2. ISO 22000:2018 Requirements
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
Context of the organization
- Understanding the organization and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interesting parties
- Determining the scope of the food safety management system
- Food safety management system
- Leadership and commitment
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Actions to address risks and opportunities
- Objectives of the food safety management system and planning to achieve them
- Planning of changes
- Documented information
- Operational planning and control
- Prerequisite Programs (PRPs)
- Traceability system
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Hazard control
- Updating the information specifying the PRPs and the Hazard control plan
- Control of monitoring and measuring
- Verification related to PRPs and the hazard control plan
- Control of product and process nonconformities
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual improvement
- Update of the food safety management system
3. HACCP Application & Analysis
- Why HACCP?
- Important terms
- HCCP approach to establish monitoring procedures
- Risk assessment
- Determine CCPS
- Food safety management techniques
- Comparison with ISO 9001
Steps for HACCP Installation
- ISO:22000 Registration Process
- Requirements for installing HACCP systems
- Logic sequence for HACCP application
- HACCP 7 Principles
- Prerequisite programs (PRPS)
- Preliminary steps for hazard analysis
- Documentation & Records
- Systems for Monitoring CCPs
- Updating preliminary info specifying PRPs 7 HACCP Plan
- Control of monitoring & measuring
- FSMS Verification
- Basis for hazard analysis
- FSMS Documentation
- ISO 22000 Documents list
- Documentation Process
- Flow Charts
- Mapping A Process
Exam & Certification
- Exam for ISO 22000:2018 Awareness
- ISO 22000:2018 Awareness Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of slides: 257
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 30
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 30
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 1
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 22000:2018 Awareness
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.