Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of the ISM Code
- Provide the knowledge and skills required in accordance with the guidance and recommendation given by the IMO MSC-MEPC.7/circ.6
- Deliver the training necessary for the application and maintenance of a company’s Safety Management Code.
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- have an extended knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code
- understand the background and objectives of the Code
- gain knowledge of the applicable codes, guidelines and standards as appropriate and the relevant mandatory rules and regulations
- define the resulting requirements for the company’s SMS
- understand the responsibilities and authority of the DPA, possible legal exposure, as well as other potential difficulties
- take the duties of a DPA as defined in IMO MSC – MEPC.7 Circ 6 provided you are qualified according to this circular
- provide documentary evidence as a DPA proving that you are capable to undertake the necessary duties.
- understand the assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting
- have guidance for participation in a marine-related management system audit
- have adequate knowledge of shipping and shipboard operations
- apply the technical and operational aspects of their Safety Management System.
- carry out effective communications with shipboard staff and senior management
- know the related requirements included STCW 2010 and MLC 2006 for better understanding of ISM effect
Who should attend?
- Shipping Companies
- Personnel involved in Safety Management Systems
- Quality Managers
- Assistant DPAs
- Deck & Engine officers
- Anyone who seeks a DPA position
- SOLAS 74 AS AMENDED CHAPTER IX- ISM Code, STCW 2010, Marpol, MLC 2006
Prerequisite skills & knowledge:
1. Non DPAs trainees
Experience in shipping and ship operations and good knowledge of the ISM Code. Knowledge of MLC, STCW, and Marpol should also be very useful.
2. Persons intended for DPA certification
.1 Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognized by the Administration or by the recognized organization, within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, OR
.2 Qualifications and seagoing experience as a certified ship officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended, OR
.3 Other formal education combined with not less than three years practical senior level experience in ship management operations.
Relative Conventions: SOLAS 74 AS AMENDED CHAPTER IX- ISM Code, STCW 2010, Marpol, MLC 2006
Available E Learning: Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 (accredited by EOPPEP)
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.