The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") was adopted on April 2016 and became enforceable beginning on the 25th of May 2018. The Regulation aims primarily to give control to individuals over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. GDPR analyses the principles of, and rules on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data.
Learn everything you need to know about data protection and protect yourselves from the unlawful processing of your personal data. Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge in order to be GDPR compliant.
Aims & Objectives
- Familiarize with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the principles, roles, responsibilities and processes under the Regulation
- Learn the obligations of data controllers and processors
- Familiarize with the rights of data subjects and their relevance in daily life
- Understand and apply compliance mechanisms
- Learn the rules regarding international data transfers under the GDPR
- Learn the first steps for complying with the GDPR
- Learn how to use GDPR as a data protection management system
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge the principles, roles, responsibilities and processes under the Regulation
- Prepare you company to be GDPR compliance
- Demonstrate knowledge on the obligations of data controllers and processors
- Protect your rights as data subject and personal data from unlawful processing
- Apply control measures and compliance mechanisms
Who should attend?
- Any company, big or small, which processes personal data within the EU
- Company executives
- Social Media Consultant
- HR and IT directors
- Anyone who wishes to know more about data protection and the GDPR, especially those handling personal data
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Why is the GDPR necessary?
- Personal Data
- Principles relating to processing of personal data
Lawfulness of Processing
- Conditions for Lawful Processing
- Conditions for consent
- Processing which does not require identification
Codes of Conduct and Certification
- Codes of conduct
- Monitoring of approved codes of conduct
- Certification bodies
Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations
- General principle for transfers
- Transfers on the basis of an adequacy decision
- Transfers subject to appropriate safeguards
- Binding corporate rules
- Transfers or disclosures not authorized by Union law
- Derogations for specific situations
Remedies, liability and penalties
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- Right to an effective judicial remedy against a supervisory authority
- Right to an effective judicial remedy against a controller or processor
- Representation of data subjects
- Right to compensation and liability
- General conditions for imposing administrative fines
Security of personal data
- Security of processing
- Notification of a personal data breach to the supervisory authority
- Communication of a personal data breach to the data subject
- Personal Data Hazards
- Dealing with hazards
- Information Security Management Systems - ISO 27001
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Designation of the data protection officer
- Position of the data protection officer
- Tasks of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Data protection officer’s skills and education
- Data protection officer and conflict of interests
- Internal or external DPO?
GDPR as a Personal Data Protection Management System
- Data Protection Management System
- Basic Procedures of a Data Protection Management System
- Supportive Procedures of a Data Protection Management System
Exam & Certification
- Exam on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- “General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 205
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 24
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 24
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.8
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.