This course is designed by LiberoAssurance Training Team for Officers, Designated Persons, Managers, PSC Officers, Surveyors and any kind of personnel involved in shipping who seek to understand what certificates and Documents are required to be carried on board all ships according to IMO resolutions and codes, pertaining to its registry, measurement, safety, manning, classification and other related matters.
Through our Certificates & Documents on board Ships course you will develop a sound understanding on the certification requirements as per IMO and their applicability.
Aims & Objectives
- Equips participants with the up-to-date Certification & Documentation requirements
- Provides a detailed outline of certificates and documentation requirements for all types of vessels
Having successfully completed this course you will familiarize and understand the updated IMO requirements relevant to:
- The types of certificates and additional documents (manuals, plans etc) required for each type of vessel
- Documents, Plans Training Manuals and Records Books applicable
- The certificates checked by PSC
- The mandatory certificates as per MLC 2006 and ILO Conventions
Who should attend?
- Technical Managers
- Operation Managers
- Designated Persons
- PSC Surveyors
- Personnel responsible for ISM/ISPS/MLC implementation
- Personnel, who are involved in the selection of Officers, Designated Persons and Operational Managers, are strongly recommend to attend
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: Basic knowledge of ISM/ISPS/MLC 2006/SOLAS/MARPOL/STCW
Relative Conventions, Codes and Standards: ISM/ISPS/MLC 2006/SOLAS/MARPOL/STCW
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
PART A: Certificates and Documents Required on Board All Ships
Certificates and Documents Required to be Carried on Board All Ships
- Certificates and Documents all ships to which the referenced convention applies shall carry
- Certificates and Documents Passenger ships shall carry
- Certificates and Documents Cargo ships shall carry
- Certificates and Documents any ship carrying noxious liquid chemical substances in bulk shall carry
- Certificates and Documents any ship chemical tanker shall carry
- Certificates and Documents, any gas carrier shall carry
- Certificates and Documents, any high-speed craft shall carry
- Additional Certificates for Dynamically Supported Craft and high-speed crafts
- Certificates and Documents, any ship carrying dangerous goods shall carry
- Certificates and Documents, any ship carrying dangerous goods in packaged form shall carry
- Certificates and Documents, any ship carrying INF cargo shall carry
- Certificates and Documents, any Nuclear Ship shall carry
- Certificates and Documents any Ship operating in Polar waters shall carry
- Other certificates and documents which are not mandatory
- Certificates and documents which are often checked during PSC
PART B: Certificates and Documents required On Board Cargo Ships
Certificates and Documents Required to be Carried on Board Cargo Ships
- Mandatory Certificates and Documents required on board cargo ships
- Certificates and Documents required on board cargo ships as per MLC/ ILO Convention and other not mandatory
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Certificates & Documents on board ships
- Certificates & Documents on board ships” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- No. of slides: 232
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 27
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrollment duration: 90 days (from the date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 27
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.9
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on Certificates & Documents on board ships
Upon successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.