This course is designed mainly for Officers and Crew who seek to understand what certificates and Training they need as per STCW 2010.
Through our STCW 2010 Certification & Training requirements for Seafarers you will develop a sound understanding on the certification and training requirements as per STCW 2010.
Aims & Objectives
- Equips participants with the up-to-date STCW 2010 Certification & Training requirements for Crew – Officers
- Provides a detailed outline of certification and training requirements for all types of ranks
Having successfully completed this course you will familiarize and understand the updated STCW 2010 requirements relevant to:
- The types of certificates and additional requirements for each type of rank
- Competence-training-certificates (such as company-vessel responsibilities, shipboard/safety/security familiarization etc.)
- The main training requirements (basic safety, in-service training, survival craft & rescue boat, advanced fire-fighting, medical first aid etc.)
- Training requirements for tankers and passenger ships
- Additional competence requirements
Who should attend?
- Officers / Crew
- Crew Managers
- Operation Managers
- Designated Persons
- Crew Department assistants
- Personnel responsible for Training
- Personnel, who are involved in the selection of Crew / Officers, Designated Persons and Operational Managers, are strongly recommend to attend.
Relative conventions: STCW 2010
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: Basic knowledge on the basics of STCW (preferably)
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 (accredited by EOPPEP)
Part A Contents: Certificates and general requirements by rank
Certificates and general requirements by rank
- Chief mate
- Officer in charge of a navigational watch
- Ratings forming part of a navigational watch
- Able seafarer deck
- Radio operators
- Chief engineer
- Second engineer
- Officer in charge of an engineering watch
- Electro-technical officer
- Ratings forming part of engineering watch
- Able seafarer engine
- Electro-technical ratings
- Other crew members with designated safety or pollution prevention duties in the operation of the ship
- Other crew members that are not certified under the 2010 STCW Convention or do not have designated safety or pollution prevention duties in the operation of the ship.
- Other certificates according to function performed on board and type of vessel
- Tips and Info
Part B: Competence - Training - Certificates & Synopsis
Competence – Training – Certificates
- Company/Vessel responsibilities
- Shipboard Familiarization – General
- Safety Familiarization
- Crew Co-ordination – General
- Familiarization – Security
- Basic safety Training
- In Service Training
- Additional Certificates
- Tanker Requirements
- Passengers Ships
- Familiarization, Initial, Refresher & Updating Training
- Additional competence requirements under the 2010 STCW
Crew certificates synopsis
- Crew Certificates Synopsis & Requirements
- ISM-STCW comparison
- STCW-ISM-MLC Comparison
Exam & Certification
- Exam on STCW 2010 Certification & Training needs for Seafarers
- "STCW 2010 Certification & Training needs for Seafarers Training" Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 20
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam on STCW 2010 Certificates & Training needs for Seafarers
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Those participants who choose not to submit the assessment will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Accreditation by E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
E.SY.D is one of the founding members of EA. The European Accreditation Bodies have founded the European co-operation for Accreditation (EA), one of the main goals of which is to promote the international recognition of both the accreditation provided by its members and the accredited services by maintaining reliable multilateral agreements (MLAs).