This course, specially designed by LiberoAssurance Training Team, aims to offer organizations a basic understanding of the media and rules for handling media, interviews, errors, as well as how to handle the media during a crisis.
Develop your skills and confidence to deal with media and explore how to develop media responses in times of crisis at individual and organisational level with our Media Handling course.
Each organisation operates in a unique media environment. The topics covered in this seminar will benefit people who work on organization handling the media, and their organisational work will be strengthened.
Aims & Objectives
- Raise awareness and give tips, tools and guidance on how to deal effectively with requests for interviews, press statements,
- Helps participants understand how the media operate and how to handle crises the media discover
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- describe the role and importance of media handling for an organization
- apply rules and principles to deal and engage with the media
- handle crises affected by the media
- prepare for any type of media interview – newspaper, radio and television interviews
- deal with media errors and collect, analyse and organise information
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneur and business owner
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- (Online) Community Manager
- Anyone who does media interviews
- Crisis spokesperson
- Public relations manager/representative
- All those involved in media facing positions.
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 10003:2007 QMS Awareness
- What is the media?
- Ownership and control of the media
- Why relate to the media?
- How the media works
- The basics of news
Dealing with the media
- The basics
- The audience
- Engaging with media
- Engaging with media – Principles
- Engaging with media – Rules
Media & Crises
- How is the media affected by crises?
- Handling crisis
- Writing a Press Statement
- Emergency press
- How to handle interviews
- Before the interview
- During the interview
- After the interview
- Newspaper Interviews
- Radio Interviews
- Television Interviews
Media “errors”, communication & consultation
- How is the Working with Media “errors”
- Working with Media Off/On Record
- Main aspects to consider
- Communication & Consultation Plans
- Communication & Consultation Plans Templates
- Collection of Information
- Analysis of Information
- Organising the Information
- Emergency press
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Media Handling
- “Media Handling” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 17
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for Media Handling
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.