OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) is an internationally recognised standard, suitable for all types of organizations, which helps you set and apply procedures to improve your company’s working conditions and develop a healthy & safe working environment.
Gain the capacity to implement and improve your company’s OH&S Management System with our OHSAS 18001 Awareness course.
This course, designed by LiberoAssurance Training team covers the main requirements and benefits OHSAS 18001 standard and teaches participants to improve their OHSMS performance.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Manage occupational health & safety and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that occupational health & safety is at the heart of your organization
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Attract customers and build stakeholder confidence by demonstrating your commitment to health and safety
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of OHSAS 18001:2007 and its structure
- Familiarise with OHS&S documentation procedure
- Carry out an effective OHSAS 18001 installation
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and the 7 management principles
Who should attend?
- OH&S managers/consultants
- Those who wish to understand OHSAS 18001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an OHSAS 18001:2007
- Anyone interest in occupational health & safety management systems
- Those starting their career in occupational health & safety management
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
- What is OHSAS 18001?
- What is the goal of OHSAS 18001?
- Why implement OHSAS?
- How does OHSAS 18001 help us?
- Benefits of OHSAS 18001
The OHSAS System
- OHSAS system performance
- Causes of OH&S hazards
- Reference Publications
- Terms & Definitions
OH&S Management System
- General requirements
- OH&S Policy
- Implementation and operation
- Checking and monitoring
- Management review
Hazard / Risk identification
- Occupational Health Hazards
- Hazard identification
- Common Control Methods
- Scope of initial Review
Part B Contents: OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
- Document Control
- List of Records
Steps for OHSAS 18001 installation
- Installation requirements
- Implementation Methodology
- OHSAS 18001 Registration
Accident Investigation System
- Types Of Accidents/ Incidents Reported And Investigated
- Remedial Action & Follow-up
- Review By Management
- Near-miss Reporting
- Training personnel responsible for Accident Investigation
- Accident / Incident Analysis
- General workplace conditions
Exam & Certification
- Exam for OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of slides: 160
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 19
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 19
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 0.6
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.