The internationally recognized ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management System (RMS) Standard is an important tool to assist organizations to enhance their performance, increase customer satisfaction and acquire a competitive advantage.
Gain the knowledge and skills to audit and improve your company’s Risk Management System with our Lead Auditor ISO 31000 training course.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 31000:2009
- Manage risk and drive continual improvement
- Take steps towards effective risk treatment
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs better
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, frameworks and process management
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing risk in line with the latest requirements
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 31000:2009 and its structure
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 31000:2009 RMS
- Identify opportunities and threats within your organization
- Apply methods and tools to manage risk related to your management systems.
- Learn the interactions between risk management principles, framework and process
Who should attend?
- Those involved in the implementation, maintenance and supervision of an ISO 31000:2009 RMS
- Those who wish to understand ISO 31000 and its application
- Those who must be informed about legal requirements and ISO 31000 conformance
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 31000:2009 Awareness
- Why use ISO 31000:2009?
- ISO 31000:2009 Benefits
- ISO 31000:2009 Structure
- Normative references
- Clause 3 - Terms and definitions
Clause 4 - Risk Management Framework
- Mandate and Commitment
- Design of Framework for Managing Risk
- Implementing Risk Management
- Monitoring and Review of the Framework
- Continual Improvement of the Framework
Clause 5 - Risk Management Process
- Communication and consultation
- Establishing the context
- Risk assessment
- Risk treatment
- Monitoring and review
- Recording and risk management process
Part B: ISO 31000:2009 Lead Auditor
- Performing RMS audit activities
- Performing an audit
- Audit Plan
- Developing Checklists
- Opening Meeting
- Conducting the Audit
- Recording Results
- Closing Meeting
- Audit Follow-up Activities
- Establishing the Audit programme objectives
- Identifying and evaluating audit programme risks
- Process flow for the management of an audit programme
- Managing an audit programme
- Audit programme Implementation
- Process of collecting and verifying information
Generic knowledge and skills of an audit team leader
- How to evaluate an Auditor
Psychological factors during audits
- Attitudes and relationships
- Obstacles & communication
- Space & Time issues
- Body language
- Cultural factors
- Principles of Listening
- Questions & questioning
Exam & Certification
- Exam on Part A & Part B
- “ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management System Lead Auditor” Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 18
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management System Lead Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.