OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) is an internationally recognized used to improve your company’s working conditions and develop a safe working environment.
Gain the knowledge and skills to implement, audit and improve your company’s Occupational Health & Safety Management System with our Internal Auditor OHSAS 18001 training course.
LiberoAssurance Training team has specially designed this course for organizations which need to protect their internal control, monitoring procedures, compliance status and essentially their sustainability.
The course involves all the requirements included in OHSAS 18001 standard along with its benefits and is a highly useful tool for those who with to improve their OHSMS performance and effectively conduct OHSMS internal audits.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Manage occupational health & safety and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that occupational health & safety is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs better
- Identify the aims and benefits of an OHSAS 18001:2007 audit
- Interpret OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements for internal audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up internal auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest internal auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an OHSAS 18001:2007 OHSMS
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of OHSAS 18001:2007 and its structure, which incorporates the Annex SL common framework for management system standards
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach and hazard analysis
- Enhance skills to conduct effective audits in any auditing situation
- Identify easier opportunities to improve the OHSMS of your company
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit in accordance with OHSAS 18001
- Understand the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with OHSAS 18001
- Establish and plan the activities of an audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
Who should attend?
- OH&S managers/consultants
- OH&S appointed auditors
- Those who wish to understand OHSAS 18001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an OHSAS 18001:2007 OHSMS
- Anyone interest in OHSMS requirements and audit procedures
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
- What is OHSAS 18001?
- Why we should implement OHSAS?
- What is the goal of OHSAS 18001?
- Scope of OHSAS 18001
- How OHSAS 18001 help us?
- Benefits of OHSAS 18001
The OHSAS System
- OHSAS system performance
- Causes of OH&S hazards
- Concepts related to OHSAS systems
OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- General requirements
- OH&S Policy
- Implementation and operation
- Checking and monitoring
- Management review
Hazard / Risk identification
- Common health hazards
- Occupational hazards
- Types of hazards (physical, chemical, etc.)
- Control methods
Steps for OHSAS 18001 installation
- Main requirements
- Implementation methodology
Accident Investigation System
- Types of accidents
- Workplace conditions
Part B Contents: OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditor
- What is an Audit?
- Why Audit?
- Tips to trained internal auditor
Environmental Management System Audit
- Types of Audits
- Principles of auditing
- Scheduled and unscheduled Audits
- What to Audit – Technical Audit
- Steps involved in internal audit
- Scope of audit
- Frequency of audit
- Internal Audit process
Auditing tips and techniques
- The Auditors Six Friends
- Question Technique
- Questioning Technique
- Types of Questions in interviews
- Competence of the person managing the audit programme
- Auditor’s Quality
- The Auditors conduct
- Auditor’s Code Conduct
- Auditor Characteristics
- Auditor's personal behavior
- Selecting the audit team members
- Auditee’s conduct
Exam & Certification
- Exam for Part A OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
- Exam for Part B OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal auditor
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness & Internal Auditor Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No. of Slides: 249
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 30
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 30
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 1
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for OHSAS 18001:2007 Awareness
Exam for OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.