ISO 50001 Internal audits provide a number of important services to company management and can be applied effectively to all types of organization. In terms of energy management, audits help organizations to detect and prevent risks, test internal control, and monitor compliance with the company’s energy policy and ISO 50001 standard.
Use internal audits to identify and prevent threats within your organization and train your auditors to meet the latest requirements of ISO 50001 Energy Management System's standard with our Internal Auditor ISO 50001 course.
This ISO 50001 Internal Auditor course was specially designed to provide participants the information necessary for a thorough understanding of ISO 50001 EnMS requirements and the audit methodologies applied to this standard.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 50001:2011
- Manage energy and drive continual improvement
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 50001:2011 internal audit
- Interpret ISO 50001:2011 requirements for internal audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up internal auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest internal auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Manage Energy risks and hazards effectively
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 50001:2011 EnMS
- Understand the key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 50001:2011 and its structure
- Grasp the main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach and Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit in accordance with ISO 50001
- Conduct effective audits in any internal auditing situation according to ISO 50001
- Establish and plan the activities of an internal audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Prepare and complete an internal audit report
Who should attend?
- Energy managers/consultants
- Energy appointed auditors
- Those who wish to understand ISO 50001 and its application
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an ISO 50001:2011 EnMS
- Anyone interest in EnMS requirements and audit procedures
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 50001:2011 Awareness
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
Energy management system requirements
- General requirements
- Management responsibility
- Energy policy
- Energy planning
- Implementation and operation
- Management Review
Part B Contents: ISO 50001:2011 Analysis
Introduction to ISO 50001
- What is ISO 50001?
About ISO 50001
- Purpose of standard
- How does it work?
- What is in the standard?
Advantages of energy management systems
- Cost reduction
- Environmental protection
- Sustainable management
- Improvement of public image
- Use of financial incentives
- Projection of climate policies
The PDCA cycle
- Procedure of energy management process
- Example of Energy Management Process
Elements of ISO 50001 & Analysis
- Normative References
- Terms and definitions
- Energy Management System Requirements
- Reducing energy consumption of an electronics factory’s lighting system
- Compressed Air Systems
- Saving energy at a food processing plant
Part C Contents: ISO 50001:2011 Internal Auditor
- What is an Audit?
- Why Audit?
- Tips to trained internal auditor
Environmental Management System Audit
- Types of Audits
- Principles of auditing
- Scheduled and unscheduled Audits
- What to Audit – Technical Audit
- Steps involved in internal audit
- Scope of audit
- Frequency of audit
- Internal Audit process
Auditing tips and techniques
- The Auditors Six Friends
- Question Technique
- Questioning Technique
- Types of Questions in interviews
- Competence of the person managing the audit programme
- Auditor’s Quality
- The Auditors conduct
- Auditor’s Code Conduct
- Auditor Characteristics
- Auditor's personal behavior
- Selecting the audit team members
- Auditee’s conduct
Exam & Certification
- Exam for Part A & B ISO 50001:2011 Awareness & Analysis
- Exam for Part C ISO 50001:2011 Internal auditor
- ISO 50001:2011 Awareness & Internal Auditor Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- No.of Slides: 322 (available for download)
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 38
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
- Enrolment duration: 90 days (starting from date of purchase)
- CPD Points: 38
- ECTS/ECVET Points: 1.3
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 50001:2011 Awareness & Analysis
Exam for ISO 50001:2011 Internal Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Approved courses by the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences
LiberoAssurance in cooperation with the Central Greece University of Applied Sciences offers approved courses. All participants have the option to receive double certification from the University and LiberoAssurance Training Centre.
The University of Applied Sciences of Central Greece and LiberoGroup have agreed to develop a research project the purpose of which is education, lifelong learning and specialisation of persons, to facilitate their induction in the labour market using e-learning and traditional methods of training. The ultimate aim of this cooperation is the development of a post-graduate programme in collaboration with other Academic Institutions and Ministries.
Accreditation by IAS and E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) one of the leading accreditation bodies in the United States.