Food safety hazards can occur at any stage in the food chain and the consequences to consumers can be severe. The development of ISO’s food safety management standards helps organizations to identify and control these hazards. Applying an internationally recognized Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and conducting audits of FSMS, will help you reduce organizational risk, increase customer satisfaction and acquire a competitive advantage..
Gain the knowledge and skills to audit and improve your company’s Food Safety Management System with our Lead Auditor ISO 22000 training course.
This Lead auditor ISO 22000 online course covers the principles required to understand FSMS, how they are implemented and the methods used to effectively conduct an audit of FSMS.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 22000:2005
- Manage food safety and drive continual improvement
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs better
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 22000:2005 audit
- Interpret ISO 22000:2005 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
- Build commitment around food safety
- Manage food safety risks and hazards effectively
Having successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a FSMS
- Be able to prepare for, report on and carry out the follow up on a FSMS audit.
- Have achieved the means to assess and improve your own FSMS organization Systems.
- Explain the scope and other criteria for FSMS audits.
- Interpret the ISO 22000 requirements.
- Identify and assess FSMS risks.
- Plan and conducts audits against ISO 22000 requirements in compliance with ISO 19011.
- Prepare audit reports with valid and factual non – conformities that add value.
- Conduct follow-up audits, which include evaluating effectiveness on corrective/preventive action
- Understand and apply HACCP principles
- Learn the benefits of applying HACCP in your workplace
- Be able to use HACCP effectively to control food hazards
- Understand and apply hazard analysis
Who should attend?
- FSMS personnel
- Those who wish to understand ISO 22000 and its application
- Chefs & Food handlers
- Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing of an ISO 22000:2005 FSMS
- Anyone interest in food safety management systems
- Anyone interested in HACCP role & implementation
Prerequisite skills & knowledge: None required
Available in-house/distant learning? Yes
Created by: LiberoAssurance Accredited Training Centre
Part A Contents: ISO 22000:2005 Awareness
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
Food safety management system
- General requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Management commitment
- Food safety policy
- Responsibility and authority
- Food safety team leader
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Management review
- Provision of resources
- Human recources
- Work environment
- Prerequisite programmes (PRPs)
- Preliminary steps to enable hazard analysis
- Hazard analysis
- Establishing the operation prerequisite programmes (PRPs)
- Establishing the HACCP plan
- Updating of preliminary information and documents specifying the PRPs and the HACCP plan
- Verification planning
- Traceability system
- Control of nonconformity
Validation, verification and improvement of the food safety management system
- Validation of control measure combinations
- Control of monitoring and measuring
- Food safety management system verification
Part B Contents: ISO 22000:2005 HACCP Plan & Application
- Why HACCP?
- Important terms
- HCCP approach to establish monitoring procedures
- Risk assessment
- Determine CCPS
- Food safety management techniques
- Comparison with ISO 9001
Steps for HACCP Installation
- ISO:22000 Registration Process
- Requirements for installing HACCP systems
- Logic sequence for HACCP application
- HACCP 7 Principles
- Prerequisite programs (PRPS)
- Preliminary steps for hazard analysis
- Documentation & Records
- Systems for Monitoring CCPs
- Updating preliminary info specifying PRPs 7 HACCP Plan
- Control of monitoring & measuring
- FSMS Verification
- Basis for hazard analysis
- FSMS Documentation
- ISO 22000:2005 Documents list
- Documentation Process
- Flow Charts
- Mapping A Process
Part C Contents: ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor
- Performing FSMS audit activities
- Performing an audit
- Audit Plan
- Developing Checklists
- Opening Meeting
- Conducting the Audit
- Recording Results
- Closing Meeting
- Audit Follow-up Activities
- Establishing the Audit programme objectives
- Identifying and evaluating audit programme risks
- Process flow for the management of an audit programme
- Managing an audit programme
- Audit programme Implementation
- Process of collecting and verifying information
- Knowledge and skills of an audit team leader
- How to evaluate an Auditor
Psychological factors during audits
- Attitudes & relationships
- Communication & obstacles
- Space & time
- Body language
- Tips for effective communication
Exam & Certification
- Exam for ISO 22000:2005 Lead auditor
- ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor Certificate
- Detailed seminar presentations (available for download)
- Terms and definitions
- Reading lists and resources available in presentations
Study time allocation
- Private study hours: 26
- Trainer contact hours: Availability and competence of instructors upon request
% contribution to final mark
% Minimum passing grade
Exam for ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Success’.
Accreditation by EOPPEP
LiberoAssurance has been accredited as a Continuous Professional Development Training Centre Level 1 by the National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP).
EOPPEP is the statutory body for the development and implementation of the Hellenic Qualifications Framework (NQF) in correspondence with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). EOPPEP is the National Coordination Point for EQF in Greece (NCP).
Accreditation by E.S.Y.D
LiberoAssurance has been accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (E.SY.D) which has been appointed as the National Accreditation Body of Greece.
E.SY.D is one of the founding members of EA. The European Accreditation Bodies have founded the European co-operation for Accreditation (EA), one of the main goals of which is to promote the international recognition of both the accreditation provided by its members and the accredited services by maintaining reliable multilateral agreements (MLAs).